Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar with “The Mother”
Did you know the folds in the boston terriers face create a warm, moist environment where bacteria and yeast can thrive? It can also happen to the webbing in their feet. To avoid this leading to itchiness, infection, inflammation or tear stains consider using Apple Cider Vinegar with “The Mother.”
What is the Mother? It is rich in health-boosting natural protein, healthy bacteria and acetic acid.
Internal Use: ½ teaspoon twice daily added to their drinking water.
This will specifically help with but not exclusive to:
- Improving digestion by balancing pH levels in a dog’s body
- Preventing urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Helping relieve bladder stones in dogs
- Reducing/Eliminating tear stains
External Use: Mix: 50/50 Apple Cider Vinegar/Distilled Water this can be placed in spray bottles and squeeze bottles for various uses.
For ears: Squeeze Bottle – Tilt your boston’s head to the side while holding them in your lap. (If they’re not used to this you most likely will want/need someone to help.) Gently squeeze the solution into their ear and massage the solution into their ear canal. Allow them to shake the excess and clean up the remainder with a cotton ball.
For Face: Use a q-tip – and soak it in the solution. Gently rub the q-tip through the fold in their face being VERY careful as not to get any in the eyes.
Other: Use your spray bottle and gently spray through their coats, use your hands and/or comb to help distribute it evenly and thoroughly.
This will help with:
- Itchy, flaking skin and dull coats
- Relief from hot spots
- Repelling fleas
- Keeping a dog’s ears clean, lessening the chance of infection
- Diluting pet stains and odors in the home
Use a small tub or bathtub to soak them in the solution for:
- Ridding itchy paws and skin of bacteria/yeast
- Relieving muscle soreness in older or active dogs
- Rinsing soap residue or offensive odors from your dog’s coat